Monday, January 17, 2011

New rosettes from Stampin' Up!®

One of the many terrific new items in the Occasions Mini Catalog® is the package of Vanilla Rosettes. There are 18 rosettes in each package and they come in 3 sizes. Although I wanted to add the rosette to my card, I didn't think that vanilla was the right color. There are two ways to take care of this. One is to use a sponge and brush the color that you want on the edges of the petals as I did in this card.







See how it looks in this close up.


However, if you want to have a solid color, you can dip the rosette in dye that you create with water and drops of reinker.


I use an empty button box to create my dye. I put enough water to cover the rosette and then add 15 or 20 drops of classic reinker. If the color is not deep enough, I add a few more drops until I have the look I want.

Use tweezers to handle the rose and make sure that it is fully covered by the dye. Allow the rose to sit in the dye for a few minutes. Remove it and see if the color is deep enough. I allowed my flower to dry just a bit then dipped it back in the die. It quickly absorbed more of the color. Remove the rosette and set it on a paper towel to dry.


This example was done with Rose Red. Look how wonderfully the rosette and the card stock work together. 

 Remember that the color will be slightly lighter when the flower dries. You will need to dry the flower overnight before you can use it, so be sure to plan ahead for this one.


What fun accents for only $5.95. Item # 118774. Classic reinkers come in every color and cost $2.95 


No comments:

Post a Comment